Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Day Love Died

Hold me she said, wit tears in her eyes
Im busy right now, he said with pride
This was the day love had died

Do you still love me she asked
He just turned his head to the side
This was the day love had died

How can you lay with her when Im here for you
What do I have to do to prove my love is true
After all this time can you really just leave me behind
This was the day love had died

I beard a child for you and lost a string of them trying
He nodded his head objected but remained quite
I was here for you through thick and thin
When you were broke and no one would take us in

He stared back but showed no emotions
She quoted scriptures out the Good book and protested blately
Its all about you what have you done for me lately
He opened his mouth to mumble a word
But quickly declined and listened to her

She went on for hours rambling and taunting
If I can’t have you no one can she proclaimed
Do you want me to prove it or something?
He looked in her eyes and could see the rage
Her heart filled with sorrow something had to change
He reached for his keys and opened the door
Im fed up she said I can’t take this any more
And when he would return, to his dismay
His wife was gone and so way baby

He called around fanatically trying to find his women
He called her cell phone and a mans voice baritones in
He thought to himself I must have dialed the wrong number or something

So he redialed the call that was surely his wife
A recognizable voice answers the phone
She says with a lump in her throat, please leave us alone
All this time she says I was holding on
Why…. When years ago
Love had already died

No comments:

Post a Comment